Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Appliance enclosures

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Joe Camel's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 11th, 2003
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was told there is a regulation for having kitchen appliances in hide away enclosures, as in having a microwave built in to a cabnet with doors. Does anyone know of a code that applies to this. Thanks

  2. #2
    Inactive Member bigrockk's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2002
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    26-702(16)(17)

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Joe Camel's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 11th, 2003
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have CEC book, Part 1, for 2002 and page 147 rule 26-702 deals with "Recepticals Exposed to the Weather"
    Are you using a different book of am I looking in the wrong place?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member bigrockk's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2002
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sorry Joe,
    I was using the 1998 edition of the code book and got caught,
    This is what the 1998 edition states :

    (16) A receptacle shall not be placed in a cupboard, cabinet, or similar enclosure except where:
    (a) The receptacle is an integral part of a factory-built enclosure; or
    (b) The receptacle is provided for use with a specific type of appliance that is intended for use within the enclosure; or
    (c) The receptacle is intended for use with a microwave oven.
    D (17) Except for cord-connected dishwashers, in-line water heaters, garbage disposal units, and other similar appliances, receptacles installed in cupboards, cabinets, or similar enclosures in accordance with Paragraph (16)(b) shall be de-energized unless the enclosure door is in the fully opened position.

    The 2002 edition (I don't have it on CD so I still use my old one when on the computer)
    deals with this in rule 26-710(i)(j)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •